Scientific Degrees and Titles
2010 DSc (Doctor of Sciences in Law and Political Sciences)
2006 PhD (Ecclesiology)
2002 Dr. Habil. (Canon Law History)
2000 PhD (Canon Law)
Main activities and offices
2012- President of the Canon Law Institute “ad instar facultatis” of PPCU (reelected and approved)
2012- Member of the Steering Committee of the International Research University Network (IRUN)
2012- Chairman of the Committee of the Hungarian Ecclesiastical Higher Educational Institutes
2011- Member of the Presidential Board of the Hungarian Rectors’ Conference of the Hungarian Higher
- 2011- Member of the Plenum of the Hungarian Rectors’ Conference of the Hungarian Higher Educational
- 2010-2011 Head of the Theological Doctorate School of PPCU
- 2009-2011 Member of the Hungarian Doctorate Council
- 2008-2011 Chairman of the Doctorate and Habilitation Council of PPCU
- 2007-2011 Vice-President of PPCU
- 2006-2011 Member of the Plenum of the Hungarian Higher Educational Accreditation Committee
- 2006-2011 President of the Committee for Theology and Religious Studies of the Hungarian Higher Educational
- 2006-2011 Member of the Doctorate Committee of the Hungarian Higher Educational Accreditation Committee
- 2006-2011 Member of the University Professor Evaluation Committee
- 2006-2011 President of the Canon Law Institute “ad instar facultatis” of PPCU
- 2006- Vice-prefect of the Department of the Hungarian Catholic Cultural Collections (OKGYK)
- 2003- Head of the Constitutional Law Department of the Canon Law Institute “ad instar facultatis” of PPCU
- 1999-2006 Visitor Professor; Széchenyi István State University, Faculty of Law, Department of Legal History;
- Department of Private Law (Gyr, Hungary)
Scientific background and activities
- Continuous research in the most significant European and American 11th – 13th century canonical manuscript
- collections from 2000.
- 2012- Visitor Professor of St. Michael’s Abbey of the Norbertine Fathers (USA, California)
- 2011- Visitor Professor of the Christendom College, Vita Consecrata Institute (USA, Virginia)
- 2009- Visitor Professor of the International Institute of Tribunal Studies in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- (USA, California)
- 2008- Member of the Advisory Board of the Stephan Kuttner Institute of Medieval Canon Law (Munich)
- 2007- Member of the Religious Freedom Research Team of PPCU
- 2006- Chairman of the Hungarian Canon Law Association
- 2006- Visitor Professor of the Eötvös Lorand Science University, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
- 2005- Research Professor of the Collegio San Norberto (Rome)
- 2005- Visitor Professor of the Ius Civile dell’ Europa Comune: Fondamenti storici e prospettive di
- integrazione giuridica Doctorate Program (Budapest-Catania-Napoli-Rome-Warsaw-Moscow)
- 2004- Researcher of the Stephan Kuttner Institute of Medieval Canon Law (Munich)
- 2001- Member of the Consociatio Internationalis Studio Iuris Canonici Promovendo
- 2000- Researcher of the Instituto de Derecho Euopeo Clásico (Madrid)
- 2000- Research Professor at the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Sciencia Juridica
- 1999- Member of the Ius Commune Research Team of PPCU (Leader of the Team from 2002)
- 1999- Member of the Medieval Ecclesiastical History Research Team of PPCU
Most important publications from the last ten years
- Szuromi, Sz.A. (a cura di), Il quindicesimo anniversario dell’Istituto di Diritto Canonico „ad instar facultatis” dell Università Cattolica Pázmány Péter, Budapest 2011.
Szuromi, Sz.A.-Erd, P. (edd.), Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Congress of Medieval Canon Law.
Esztergom, 3 August – 8 August 2008 (Monumenta Iuris Canonici, C/14), Città del Vaticano 2010.
- Szuromi, Sz.A., From a reading book to a structuralized canonical collection – The Textual Development of the Ivonian Work – (Aus Recht und Religion 14), Berlin 2010.
- Szuromi, Sz.A., Medieval Canon Law – Sources and Theory – (Bibliotheca Instituti Postgradualis Iuris Canonici Universitatis Catholicae de Petro Pázmány nominatae III/12), Budapest 2009.
- Szuromi, Sz.A., Fulbert et Bonipert – Les relations entre deux évêques au XIe siècle, in Rouche, M. (dir.), Fulbert de Chartres. Précurseur de l’Europe médiévale? (Cultures et civilisations médiévales 43), Paris 2008. 55-62.
- Szuromi, Sz.A., Anselm of Lucca as a Canonist (A textual-critical overview on the ‘Collectio Canonum Anselmi Lucensis’) [Adnotationes in Ius Canonicum], Frankfurt am Main 2006.